Friday, September 10, 2010

Introductions

Hi, I'm Nessa!

Welcome to my blog!

First, let me say that I am an individual passionate about personal growth. I have a genuine love of learning and I continuously study and practice mindfulness. That I have the ability to choose my train of thought, and purposely direct my way of perceiving the world around me, has and continues to be the most liberating wisdom I could ever possess. I carry it with me at all times as it is a valuable tool in the most ultimate pursuit of all human beings: the pursuit of happiness.

It is my third year attending Rhode Island College for Secondary Education/English. I love it here. RIC, to me, is like the best kind of literary character; it's special because it's not extraordinary, because it's not without imperfections, because it functions under limitations. The experience I can have here is far more valuable to me than one I could have at an Ivy League school.

I have learned from some great professors here, and have great professors this semester. I have interesting classes, and the advantage of learning in a small classroom setting. RIC also understands and appreciates the working class student.

I have the highest confidence that RIC will help me achieve my dream of becoming an exceptional educator.

When I'm not pursuing this dream, I enjoy reading, listening to music: mainly jazz, folk, and classical, and spending time with loved ones. One of my more unusual hobbies is interior decorating.

3 comments:

  1. I"m glad you love RIC so much I agree with you on that one:) seriously thought you were a second year student my bad! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, RIC is a wonderful school and it will definitely prepare us to all be great teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very well put. i hate when people claim ric isn't a "real" school.

    ReplyDelete