Thursday, November 18, 2010

***Thoughts on Learning and Mixed Media***

In the animated speech we watched today in class, there was a spot that talked about how kids have all these learning resources like the internet, and TV, movies, etc. but they are penalized in class for being distracted from "boring stuff." I've also noticed that, on my blog, I mostly only get comments on posts where I include a video clip. I think there's a lot to be said for this, and about the importance of using mixed media to teach in the classroom. I know I feel I learn a lot more from watching clips and movies than from just reading, writing, and talking about the articles. It holds my interest more, and I internalize it more.

So, in light of this, here's a clip about a teacher using facebook as a learning tool!



Share some thoughts, links, or clips of your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment